When an error occurs in Windows or other software programs, an error code is generated and sometimes shown to the computer user. The error code is a specific number for the system that can be used to determine and correct the error. If you receive an error code, call the error code number and search the source of the error to find a solution. For example, if you search for error code 43 in Windows Device Manager, it means that the hardware device has failed and needs to be replaced.
e.g. Quickbooks update error 15212 may appear when you download the QuickBooks payroll or update a program in the software. Although the error does not occur frequently, there may be cases where this error occurs for the reasons described below. In such cases, the only option is an existing solution, neither update nor other steps.
Reasons behind the Quickbooks update error 15212:
An error message, such as Quickbooks update error 15212, appears on the screen with the following information or tips:
1) Quickbooks update error 15212 shows the QuickBooks update which did not complete successfully”
2) In case the QuickBooks payroll update was not completed successfully then the shared download location could not be accessed properly.
The reasons for this error code can be:
1) The download location released for the update is associated with a driver that is not currently available.
2) If the enabled download is disabled, the data file opens from an unallocated location.
3) Remote download location or insufficient hard disk space.
In these cases, a series of troubleshooting steps can resolve the problem by calling QuickBooks Technical Support.
Steps to Fix Quickbooks update error 15212:
Error code 15212 can be corrected by moving the data files to network drives and restarting the computer. Start:
1) Restart the computer and start mapping the data files to the network drives.
2) Network drives can be assigned as follows: FILE COVER <START <THIS PC <COMPUTER <MOTION NETWORK DRIVE
3) When prompted to select a file, you can select DATA FILE to update the receipt and take the necessary action.
4) After the task, restart the computer to make sure that it resolves the problem.
If the error persists or you cannot allocate files, read the help desk numbers in the reconciliation books. Alternatively, try the following solutions to see if the problem is finally resolved.
1) Check the system to see the latest updates for QuickBooks.
2) To verify: Click Help <Update QuickBooks
3) Select the “OPTIONS” option and click “NO” for the shared download.
4) SAVE and CLOSE to continue updating the software.
5) If the error persists, contact technical support.
If QuickBooks is updating and you assign data files to a network drive, try refreshing billing in safe mode if the error message appears. You can also get advice from QuickBooks® support. Call the free number for help and instructions to fix the Quickbooks update error 15212 error! Call us.
Using the Provided Technical support to solve the error codes;
The above-given solutions are the only for work around purpose. For a permanent solution, contact the QuickBooks Payroll Support Team to solve the Quickbooks update error 15212 and other error codes.
If this error persists during the upgrade, download the updates in Safe Mode. To enter safe mode, press the F8 key on your keyboard repeatedly until the Advanced Windows Options menu appears. Select Safe Mode with Networking and press Enter.
Note: You may not be able to access the Internet connection on the secure network. You can use this mode if your error is due to Internet connection difficulties. Also, read QuickBooks Payroll Setup Checklist for further assistance.