- November 1, 2018
- Posted by: Advik williams
- Category: Blog, quickbooks, quickbooks error
Fixing the issue when QuickBooks can’t start a company file is already open
QuickBooks is the most demanding accounting software by Intuit. People acknowledge it for its outstanding features, and excellent capabilities to deliver reasonable accounting solutions to end users. US-based small businesses have accredited as an excellent mean to escalate profitability in account management. The accounting software program is enriched with so many features, & functionalities which make it demanding in the market. There are many illustrations when an error occurs due to the wrong configuration. People use Quickbooks file doctor tool to fix all QuickBooks errors. Also, end users face the QuickBooks Company File Doctor error due to various known or unknown reasons. It is the common error that has been reported by so many people across the globe. Along with file doctor, we will also discuss the ways to fix, “QuickBooks already has a company file open” issue.
Such kind of error signifies default error, that means it is not malicious, neither it affects important company data application. But it blocks the application & restricts users to open it. But, we suggest you not to open the QuickBooks company file. It is because of so many chances where files can get crashed, & might result in data loss.
Causes behind the Error
There are six possible causes behind the error. For better resolution of the error, it is important for a user to identify the ways for resolution of this problem. Another suitable way to solve the issue is using the QuickBooks File Doctor tool. The possible reasons we have defined below:
- Two situations of QuickBooks program open on the same pc
- Quickstart option is “on”.
- Different names of QuickBooks file which differs from one another appear in QQube configuration tool.
- Use of different QuickBooks paths to open specific company file which is using different paths from one that is set up.
- The improper configuration in the remote terminal service environment
Solution 1: Switch-off setting, “keep QuickBooks running”.
Solution 2: Close all copies of accounting software running on your PC
For this, start task manager clicking right on taskbar & choosing task manager
- Then click option, “more details” at bottom of task manager for expanding the view.
- After that switch to tab, “details” to see currently running processes on PC.
- Then click, “name” column to alphabetically sort out the list.
- Terminate each one by highlighting & clicking end task.
Solution 3: Start QuickBooks as administrator & try to connect from active books
For launching QuickBooks with admin rights-
- Right click on QB icon on your desktop & choose an option, “run as administrator”.
- Click, “yes” when windows give you confirmation of your allowance to let run QB as admin.
At last, repeat the active books initial set up & try to reconnect with company file through Tools->configure QB process.
QuickBooks File Doctor Tool Also helps in fixing the company file not opening issue
Hope, you completely understood ways, and illustrations to resolve company file doctor issue. The user can also try QuickBooks File Doctor tool to know the root cause, and fix it automatically. In case of any technical concern, you can take help from customer care representatives, either through the call, or chat. Our customer care staff is professionally sound, which can help them understanding company file doctor issues in an efficient manner.