- June 27, 2018
- Posted by: Advik williams
- Category: Blog
Long-time QuickBooks Online users are well-aware about error problems after TLS (Transport Layer Security) updates, however users new to QB might not have this knowledge. In mid of 2017, the accounting software has stopped supporting TLS 1.0 or TLS 1.1 settings. Now it only requires and supports TLS 1.2 settings of Internet Explorer. If you are a user of QB Online and access it via Internet Explorer it will impact your performance, unless you upgrade the TLS to 1.2 version. For other browsers such as Firefox and Google Chrome, this doesn’t impact any changes.
What is Transport Layer Security (TLS) Protocol?
TLS is a cryptographic protocol, specially developed to provide communication security over computer network. This protocol is mostly used in internet applications such as web browsing, instant voice over IP and messaging. The prime aim of this protocol is to offer data integrity and privacy between multiple communicating computer applications. In addition to it, TLS also provides advance privacy properties including forward secrecy.
TLS 1.2 enables configuration manager support with all components. If a user faces TLS 1.2 compliance errors with QB Online, then it can be processed with consideration of certain crucial points and a fixed procedure.
If you face TLS 1.2 errors while accessing Online version of accounting software on Internet Explorer, follow the below-stated instruction for different platforms to ensure enabling TLS 1.2 and flawlessly work on the software.
For Windows 10 Compatibility
Internet Explorer 11 is in-built for Windows 10 users and TLS 1.2 is enabled in this platform by default. A user can ensure it by simply following these steps.
- End Online version
- Start Internet Explorer
- Open tools menu
- Go to “Internet Options”
- Now select “Advanced”
- Scroll down to “Security” section
- Enable TLS 1.2 option if not activated
- Now reopen the QB Desktop to check for the results
- Users of Online version accounting software need to sign in at intuit.com on their Internet Explorer after this whole process.
For Windows 7, 8 & 8.1 Compatibility
- First, the following Windows version users always recommended upgrading to Internet Explorer 11.
- If a user chooses to keep using Internet Explorer 9 or 10, then the user needs to activate TLS 1.2 in the same process.
For Vista & XP Compatibility
- The following Windows Operating Systems do not support Internet Explorer 8 and above upgrades.
- A user requires to upgrade his/her operating system to a later release that is supported by Microsoft officially to activate TLS 1.2 and operate Online version/Desktop programs.
If you are still facing QuickBooks TLS 1.2 error while using your accounting software, then follow these steps next:
- Choose Internet Explorer as your QB default browser.
- Go to Tools option and then click on Internet Options.
- Now choose delete from the General tab and clear all Temporary Internet files. Don’t select the delete cookies option while performing this step.
- Next select LAN setting present on the Connections tab.
- Select the option for Automatically Detect Settings.
- Select the proxy servers to blank unless you are using one.
- Click on OK twice.
- Scroll down on the Advanced tab and select both SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 options to be checked.
- Now unselect the box near to Check for publisher’s certificate.
- Further, unselect the TLS 1.2 checkbox in Advanced tab & restart.
Hopefully, this elaborated guide will help you solve to solve your queries regarding TLS 1.2 errors on Online version.
Need Professional Assistance? Call at 1800 – 896 – 1971 Now
If you are still unable to avoid QuickBooks TLS 1.2 error, then expert guidance is recommended for you to avoid these scenarios. At Quickbooks global support , we offer high end, reliable and most client satisfying support services for both Online versions with help of our well-trained professionals. We serve with round the clock availability and always ensure best results for all your TLS 1.2 related queries. For more service details, browse our website now, or you can just give us a ring at Quickbooks Online Support Phone Number 1800 – 896– 1971 to get optimum support instantly on this topic.
We make your business hassle-free, so get in touch with us now!